What is Form 1040A?

Q&A Series

Little less simple, little less complicated

Form 1040A is the short version of Form 1040 but is more complex than Form 1040EZ.

To use Form 1040A, there are a number of qualifications you must meet. For instance, your taxable income must be $100,000 or less, and you must claim the standard deduction.

Additionally, the income section on Form 1040A is limited.

The income you can report includes wages, salaries and tips, unemployment compensation, Social Security benefits, dividend and interest income, IRA, pension and annuity distributions and Alaska permanent fund dividends.


About Amanda S.

Amanda is a tax analyst at TaxAct.

Take control of your taxes.

Sign up to get the latest tax tips sent straight to your email for free.

Take control of your taxes. Get our latest tax tips straight to your email for free.

More from the TaxAct Blog