2021 tax dates to highlight on your calendar:
January 15, 2021
- 2020 4th quarter estimated tax payment due date for individuals
February 1, 2021
- Forms W-2 and 1099 are due to taxpayers.
February 12, 2021
Start of the 2021 tax season
The IRS recently announced it will open the 2021 tax season and start accepting and processing individual tax returns filed by paper or electronically on this date. The delay in starting the season, which is about two weeks later than normal, allows the IRS additional time for programming and testing of the IRS systems following the Dec. 27 tax law changes – specifically those involving a second round of stimulus checks.Read the IRS’ official statement: 2021 tax filing season begins Feb. 12
All TaxAct filers can complete and e-file their tax returns now. TaxAct is open for business and ready to help you accurately file your return. Customer returns will be sent to the IRS once the agency opens, putting your return first in line to be processed. Electronically filing your return and selecting direct deposit is the quickest way to get your refund. To get started, choose the TaxAct product that is best suited for your tax situation.
February 22, 2021
- The IRS projects their “Where’s My Refund?” tool on IRS.gov will be updated at this time for taxpayers claiming the earned income tax credit (EITC) and the additional child tax credit (ACTC).
March 15, 2021
- Business tax return due date for Partnerships and S-Corporations
April 15, 2021
Tax filing deadline for 2020 individual returns
- Tax filing deadline for C-corporation business returns
- 2021 1st quarter estimated tax payment due date for individuals
June 15, 2021
- 2021 2nd quarter estimated tax payment due date for individuals
Sept. 15, 2021
- 2021 3rd quarter estimated tax payment due date for individuals
Oct. 15, 2021
- Tax filing extension deadline for 2020 individual returns