File for less and get more.
Your max tax refund is guaranteed.
Are you apprehensive about your tax situation this year? If you’re not sure about the tax implications of selling on eBay, we totally get it — earning business income or profiting from capital gains both affect your AGI and can make your taxes seem even more complicated than usual.
Whether you’re a new seller or you’ve turned online selling into a full-blown side hustle, we can help. Here’s a list of tax calculators for eBay sellers to help crunch your numbers for 2022. Check them out below and learn how to calculate your income tax, self-employment tax, capital gains, and more.
- Refund Booster1 and W-4 calculator: Would you prefer a big refund at tax time or a smaller refund and more money in your pocket throughout the year? This calculator can help you with either — just answer some questions, and we’ll tell you how to fill out Form W-4 to get your desired results.
- Capital Gains calculator: Use this calculator if you sold personal items for a gain on eBay last year. Just answer a few simple questions and tell us how long you had the item(s) before selling it. Based on that information, we’ll help you determine the tax rate on your profits.
- Self-employment tax calculator: If you run a profitable side hustle you may owe self-employment tax (SE tax). SE tax covers your Social Security and Medicare taxes that would otherwise come out of your paycheck. Plug in your self-employment income, and we’ll calculate how much you could owe in SE taxes this year.
- Income tax calculator: Knowing how much income tax you owe is the first step to estimating your tax refund. Just answer a few simple questions about your life, income, and expenses. Based on your answers, we’ll help you calculate your income tax amount and use that number to estimate your tax refund for this year.
- Tax bracket calculator: Not sure what tax bracket you fall in? No problem. Tell us your filing status and your expected gross income, and we’ll tell you your federal tax bracket and how much income tax you owe this year based on those numbers.