Solutions to Make Better Decisions with Your Taxes and Money

How to File a Tax Extension [Infographic]

Do you need more time in filing your income tax return?

Don’t sweat it – it’s easy to get a tax extension to file your return.

TaxACT supports the completion of Form 4868 Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return for your federal return, as well as any necessary extension forms for your state, if applicable.

Form 4868 must be filed by the regular due date of the return.

Please note that filing an extension ONLY extends the time to file your return and does not extend the time to pay any tax due.

To avoid late payment penalties and interest you must estimate what tax will be due and pay that when you file the extension form.

The following Infographic walks you through 4 simple steps to file a tax extension with TaxACT for free.

How to File a Tax Extension For Free – An Infographic by the team at TaxACT
Embed this Infographic on Your Site: Copy and Paste the Code Below

If you found this post helpful, share it!